When I wasn't spending my time researching crazy amateur gay porn, I did manage to do a few other things.
- I saw Ex Machina over the weekend, and it was a beautifully haunting film with some great performances and an amazing score. It was sort of like watching the inverse mirror to Her
, in a really good way. Definitely the sort of film that sticks with you and one I'd love to read more meta on at some point.
- I also saw Tomorrowland, and once you get past the first 10 minutes (which were just bad
), it was a pretty cute film, and I really liked the message in it. Also, the lead actress is a hoot. It reminded me a lot of the old 70's Disney films with Jodie Foster, so if that's your thing, you should find it enjoyable. But seriously, the first ten minutes, what the hell was Brad Bird thinking???
- I also finally FINALLY sat down and watched the last five episodes of The Flash, and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, the show finally gave Iris something relevant to do, which was far too long in coming. And I'm glad the show didn't kill Joe off (I was worried, okay, because he is by far my favorite character on the show), but I am sad that Eddie is gone. :((( And even more sad that Dr. Wells is gone, because I love Tom Cavanaugh a lot. And if the show could just keep a certain OTT villain played by a certain ex-friend of mine off the show, I'd be super grateful, because he's such a bad actor now. But overall, I was please with the final stretch of episodes and I can't wait to see where they go with season 2.
- I also watched the first episode of Sense8, and yeah, count me in. I want to finish Daredevil first, but then I will totally binge watch this show. It just looks
amazing, and I am a sucker for the Wachowskis brand of insanity.
- I also finished the first rough draft of my MCU AU fic, and now comes the hard part of rewriting half of it, because at least 4000 of the 9200 words are pure crap. But there is something to be said for writing one's way out of bad characterizations and pacing issues, and I think I finally cracked what went wrong and how to fix it.
- I also sketched out my Remix fic, which is good, because I was getting worried that I wouldn't have a viable idea in time to really work on it. I'm pretty excited about it, too, because it's a total change in tone from the original, which is what I love about remixes. :D
- I did not, however, work on the Greek Gods AU or the TJ & Bucky meet fic or my Slashorific fic. Or either one of my NPT fics, although I do know what I'm doing for both of those. I probably should knuckle down for some serious writing time this week.